About Me

My photo
I've been a model for 18 yrs, and actor for 16, and have been on TV on various networks in SE Asia for 3 yrs. Taking into account that i took over a year off to have a baby - having 6 shows under my belt since then is no small feat.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

For My Cousin Margaret

Building Towers in the Sky

The day has ended and I am ready.

A little while, and my longing shall gather
dust and foam for another body...

A little while, a moment of rest upon the wind, 
and another woman shall bear me.

Farewell to you and the youth I have spent with you...

It was but yesterday we met in a dream.

You have sung to me in my aloneness, and I,
of your longings, have built a tower in the sky...

But now our sleep has fled and our 
dream is over, and it is no longer dawn...

The noontide is upon us and our half waking
has turned to fuller day, and we must part.

If in the twilight of memory we should meet once more,
we shall speak again together and you shall sing to me a deeper song...

And if our hands should meet in another dream
we shall build another tower in the sky...

A little while, a moment of rest upon the wind.

-Kahlil Gibran, poet.


Love Always,
Xenia

1 comment: